Tag: iOS 11.1 emojis
At the beginning of the November 2017, the Apple Company has cast-off their first major firmware update of the 11th session. So, through this iOS 11.1 firmware, the developer has focused to fix some remaining bugs, performance improvements and add nearly 70 of new emojis. Of course, I know, that as a Cydia lover you don’t like to upgrade your iDevice to this latest version. However, you may wish to enjoy the Emojis of iOS 11.1 with your iOS 9 or 10 jailbroken device. OK, then here I have offered the way how you can use the latest first chapter features with your jailbroken device without upgrade the device.
iOS 11.1 Emojis for jailbroken iDevices
Of course, as a jailbreak user, you may not willing to lose the jailbreak access to your iDevice. Anyhow, I think you may willing to experienced and view the latest emojis with your jailbroken iDevice too. So, here today I have focused to offer the most reliable and stable method for you to enjoy those latest iOS 11.1 emojis within your older jailbroken iDevice. Of course, the jailbreak users are who are on iOS 5.1 to iOS 10.2 can use this technique. Anyhow keep in mind that it is different based on the firmware. So, the jailbreak users who are on iOS 10.0 to iOS 10.2 can use this method.
- Your jailbroken iDevice need to have the Poomsmart’s Cydia repository
- iOS 11.1 beta 2 copy
How to proceed
- If you haven’t the Poomsmart’s Cydia repository then you want to launch the Cydia app and add “https://poomsmart.github.io/repo/”
- If you have installed any other emoji themes on the handset then you want to remove all of them
- With the help of any of the easy method like Airdrop, email, SSH, you can transfer the emoji font file to your device. Easily you can have it from Poomsmart
- Then run the Cydia and you want to install some packages
- EmojiPort (iOS 10)
- Filza File Manager
- The saved iOS 11.1 Emojis font file that you have saved already want to move to the “Filza” So, open it and move the font file
There will be one or more original font files in the folder, select them. They will be entitled as “ApplecolorEmoji…” and to have a backup select the “Create Zip” option
- After creating the backup you want to delete the original Emoji font file for ready to replace
- Then head to the iOS 11.1 Emoji font file and unzip it. And now rename it as like the original files that you have deleted. Of course, this name will be different from device to device.
- Now respring the device with the original font zipped into a backup and the new, re-named iOS 11.1 file in place.
- Fine, now head to the messaging app and change the Emoji Keyboard. Ok, now you are here with the iOS 11.1 emojis on your jailbroken iDevice. Anyhow, on some occasions, you want to have a force restart on the app will be needed to run smoothly.
That’s all. Now you have the access to enjoy the all newest iOS 11.1 emojis with your old iOS 10 jailbroken device without losing the jailbreak access. So, enjoy them. And to know more facts, like this you can stay tuned with us.